Pray for Dillon Spies (left) as he begins his journey towards priesthood at Conception Seminary College
Prayer of John Paul II for Vocations
Lord Jesus, as You once called the first disciples to make them fishers of men, let your sweet invitation continue to resound: Come follow Me!
Give young men and women the grace of responding quickly to your voice. Support our bishops, priests and consecrated people in their apostolic labor.
Grant perseverance to our seminarians and to all those who are carrying out the ideal of a life totally consecrated to your service.
Awaken in our community a missionary eagerness. Lord, SEND WORKERS TO YOUR HARVEST and do not allow humanity to be lost for the lack of pastors, missionaries and people dedicated to the cause of the Gospel.
Mary, Mother of the Church, the model of every vocation, help us to say “yes” to the Lord who calls us to cooperate in the divine plan of salvation.
Theology on Tap
Sunday, October 2, at the Chicken Coop, 120 East 3rd. 7 to 8:30 PM. Young adults (ages 20-39) single and married, gather for food, fellowship and great speakers!! Join in for a friendly discussion of faith, spirituality and all the things that give life meaning.
Diocese of Grand Island Vocations
Is God Calling you?
Church of the Resurrection pledges
to be a Eucharist-centered, welcoming community, forming
loving disciples, giving selflessly in realization of the Kingdom of God.
Our parish offers a wide range of ministry opportunities. Whether you'd like to learn
more, pray more, or serve more, we have a
ministry for you.
+++ Building Committee Report +++ Read More>>
September 19, 2016
The Resurrection Building Committee met with all ten members present. Also present were Tom Noble from the Finance Committee and Joan Wiese from the Capital Campaign Committee.
• Father Michael McDermott opened the meeting with a prayer.
• Mike Spilinek reviewed the present status of the building project. Contract negotiations with architect, RDg, were initiated.
• Father McDermott indicated that Father Joe Hannappel would be willing to serve as our liturgical advisor. Father Hannappel has been approved by diocesan bishop, Bishop Joe Hanefeldt.
• Cost estimates are being ﬁnalized.
• Groundbreaking is projected to be in approximately one year. Projected time tables were discussed in order to break ground in a year.
• The ﬁnal discussion was about ways to keep the parish informed of progress. Ideas included a monthly bulletin placed in the church, using the website, newsletter, and weekly bulletin. Plans were also made to have someone share information at all the liturgical committees and service groups.
• The meeting ended in a prayer to St. Joseph, patron saint of builders